Saturday, November 3, 2007

Post Halloween

Hi!

You all can see Audriana's sheep costume in the pictures above - while she didn't participate in Halloween activities (she was actually at church with Grammy and Pa Paw), she did have fun. I think her whole cradle roll class was in costume...meanwhile, her mommy and daddy were at work teaching English-learning members of the hispanic community here in Winchester.

I (Jay) had probably the scariest Halloween of my life...Audriana had her first 'hard' fall that day - she face planted onto the rock-face fireplace area. What made it worse is that she caught the edge, where the angle made it a lot scarier for me. We've since put a temporary stop over the edge (a blanket folded over itself four or five times). She was screaming in a shrill voice that I hope I don't have to hear again...I really wondered whether we had to take her to the ER. Vikki helped calm me down some...

We had our first 'trick-or-treater' at 4:30 that afternoon - and it was mostly a trick...on our way out to dinner and work, I caught a glimpse of a bear meandering into the woods behind our house. That freaked me out pretty good...I've only seen bears in zoos, afterall. Apparently, people don't seem to be concerned about the black bears 'round here. Lisa Strimple assured me that they are usually only dangerous when threatened, or when a mother has cubs. She actually thought it was cool. I'll remember that next time. Bear in the backyard = cool.

The pictures above are mostly of our international student outreach at Shenandoah University, but there are also some pics of our trip to Gettysburg, and a trip to Skyline Drive. We may actually get ready here in a little bit and go up to see Skyline today...it's a beautiful day!

God bless!

2 comments:

Jay and Victoria said...

Hey guys...I know the pictures (from Webshots) don't tell the whole story. If you would like us to send you the Webshots invitation where you can see captions for each photo, let us know...we may eventually get around to sending that out, but I'm not sure all of you are on our e-mail list at Webshots...

Drew Custer said...

What a cute little sheep! Those falls can be so scary. Drew usually has to be the one to calm me down. Hannah hasn't ever crawled but she is pulling up and cruising now so the falls have begun. We even had one today. I think babies must be made of some tough stuff cause they seem to bounce back quick.
Jamie

Audriana's passport photo shoot!